Preparing for Your Visit
We look forward to your visit at Southwest Eye Consultants and will do all we can to expedite your evaluation and treat you with professional courtesy and compassion. We invite you to openly share any feedback you feel can improve your care with us.
During check-in you will need to provide the following:
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, passport, or other government ID)
- Insurance cards
While we do all we can to see you at your scheduled appointment time, please recognize that the nature of subspecialty retinal care is unpredictable, requiring medical and surgical triage of vision-threatening emergencies.
Since we cannot always predict what diagnostic testing or procedural care a given patient may require, the length of your visit may be longer than anticipated. Under these circumstances wait times for retinal care are, on average, longer than other subspecialty clinics.
Please be assured that we will do all we can to notify you of any delay in your evaluation, provide an estimate when you will be seen, and reschedule your appointment, if necessary, in a timely manner. Similarly, if you are the patient with vision-threatening ocular disease we will put other scheduled evaluations on hold and devote our full resources to your care.
We encourage you to take the following steps when scheduling an appointment with Southwest Eye Consultants:
- Ensure your current contact information is on file with us (especially a mobile phone number).
- Ensure your prior medical history and other patient forms are on file, as well. If not, you can download them.
- Do not schedule other doctor appointments within the two hours following your retina evaluation.
- When traveling from an outlying area, confirm your appointment before departure, allowing our staff to notify you of emergencies that may have required your appointment to be rescheduled.
- When scheduled for retinal imaging, allow time for both the diagnostic evaluation and your examination. Depending on the testing required, your total time in our office can sometimes exceed two hours.
- Dilated retinal examination may impair your ability to drive for several hours. Consider having a family member accompany you during your visit as needed.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our office prior to your visit.